Many women who are born with curly hair wish they could ditch the curls from time to time and have a sleek look instead.
In years past, women would go to great lengths to straighten their hair, even using clothing irons! This eventually led to manufacturers creating the flat iron.
Over the years, these devices have evolved through consummate research.
Today, the straightening brush allows a woman to capture the beautifully straight hair she wants without causing undue damage to her hair.
Top 4 Best Hair Straightening Brushes on the Market
To help make the search for the perfect hair straightening brush for you easier, below are some of the top sellers on the market today, along with the pros and cons of each.
- Fun and sleek
- Quick & handy for everyday use
- More natural look
- Easy to use
- Gentler on hair
- Feature packed
MicroPure 2 in 1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush
With 16 different heat is ideal for all hair types, including thick, wavy, thin, fine and even bleached!
The amazing brush provides a massaging effect benefiting the scalp and also simulating hair follicles to maintain healthy hair.
Anti-static technology reduces the amount of frizz and static.
This MicroPure runs on 120v.
- Great for curly hair
- 16 heat settings from 300F – 450F
- Temperature lock
- Heats evenly in less than a minute
- Suitable for all hair types: thin, fine, bleached, wavy or curled
- Comes with heat resistant glove
- Auto shut-off
- 360 day money-back guarantee!
- Tricky to clean between the very small bristles
With such a range of heat settings the MicroPure is perfect for all hair types. The added benefits of anti-frizz technology make it hard to look past this brush. Both modern and affordable it’s another best seller.
FemJolie Electric Hair Straightener Brush
The heat-proof brush tips at 120℉ is ideal for a scalp massage – divine!
With it’s custom adjustable temperature settings for all hair types the FemJolie brush a must in every girl’s beauty cupboard.
This straightening brush heats up to 450 degrees so it is ideal for all hair types, including thick, fine, short or long.
The LCD screen allows for easier use and temperature control. The brush can be set for Celsius or Fahrenheit so it can be used anywhere.
Dual voltage makes it the perfect traveling companion.
- Fast heating ceramic plate at 450 degrees
- Anti static – anti frizz
- Auto shut-off
- Custom adjustable temp setting
- LCD digital display
- 360° swivel power cord
- Non-grip comfort handle
- Comes with velvet pouch and glove
- 30 day, no-questions asked money back guarantee!
- Dual voltage 110v-220v
- Works best on clean hair
- Heavier than some other brushes
- The power button & temperature control buttons are right along the handle and are sensitive to touch
- Some complaints the brush tips didn’t get hot enough for their thick hair
It not only looks classy with its sleek and elegant design, but is feature-packed user-friendly features appeals to many. Very affordable, and who can resist a scalp massage? Great for everyday hair, but not going to give you the super straight look like a flat iron would.
AsaVea Portable Electric Hair Straightening Brush
This brush style flat iron is super simple to use and features ceramic components that maintain the perfect temperature for continuous heat that does not damage the hair.
If you can comb your hair, you can use this brush! This hair straightening brush offers professional results without the costly expense of a blow-out at the salon.
Best of all, it leaves the hair smooth, silky and shiny without causing dryness and breakage.
This brush works on 110v and heats up to 365 degrees.
- Patented design prevents burns to the scalp and hands.
- Brush accommodates large swathes of hair for less time styling
- Adds silky shine and moisture as it straightens
- 6 levels of temperature
- Swivel cord allows the brush to be used at any angle
- 30 minutes auto shut-off
- Works on many types of hair
- The position of the power button makes it easy to accidentally shut off during use
- May not work as effectively on kinky curls
- The brush does not always effectively reach the hair closest to the scalp like a hair iron can
- The handle can sometimes get overly hot
- Doesn’t always get the ends perfectly straight
Offers superior results at a great price and will save women tons of time on straightening their hair each day but does not straighten the roots as well as other tools.
AsaVea Hair Straightener Brush With Built In Premium Anion Generator
It massages the hair, straightens it, and detangles, all with one convenient styling tool.
Because of the large amounts of ions that are released as it is used, the hair is made healthier and stronger.
This brush can straighten most types of hair but may not be as effective on coarse hair, even at the highest setting.
The straightening brush is 110v and heats up to 440 degrees for the hottest setting but can be easily adjusted via the LCD screen.
- Lighter and smaller
- Great for home or traveling
- MCH Heating & Ionic straightener brush
- Ionic brushing for a cleaner brush
- Gentle on hair
- Heats up to 430F
- Great for thick & long curly hair thanks to the newly designed bristles
- Quick heat up
- LCD digital temperature display
- 60 minutes auto shut-off
- 360°Swivel Cord
- Doesn’t straighten right down at the roots as well as a hair iron
This upgraded version has had nothing but happy customer feedback. With all it’s souped-up technology and safety measures it is proving to be a constant best seller. Great for those who travel due to it’s lightweight and smaller size. It’s hard to fault this brush.
What Is the Difference Between a Flat Iron and Hair Straightening Brush?
While flat irons are more effective at straightening very curly hair, over time, they can cause some damage, leaving the hair dry and making it easy to break.
These irons work with high temperatures that break down the hydrogen bonds in hair so the hair becomes relaxed and is able to be straightened.
This method of straightening the hair, while effective, leaves the hair very dry which can sometimes cause split ends.
A hair straightening brush works to straighten the hair just as a flat iron, but with less damage than long time use of a flat iron can.
These are used on dry hair and work by circulating heat through the hair.
This type of styling tool works to remove tangles, straighten the hair, and add shine.
Although they can be a little more expensive than flat irons, many women have found them to be the ideal choice for their hair straightening needs.
This review of the top 4 straightening brushes is meant to help girls make the best choice for their personal hair needs. While no hair straightening brush is going to be able to offer the same results as a flat iron, as they straighten from the scalp right down to the tip.
A brush can work well for everyday use to give that quick, easy shiny and sleek look in half the time it would take to use a flat iron. A great alternative to a more natural and less ‘done’ look for those busy week days.
The results you achieves with a hair straightening brush will depend on the type and condition of your hair, humidity levels, temperature setting, quality of straightening brush and ensuring you use it as instructed.